Canton Tea Co. Jasmine Pearls

This tea consisted of silver needle white tea that has been scented with jasmine and rolled into a tiny pearl shapes. Each pearl had a silvery haired appearance with stripes of green and white. The dry leaves were very fragrant, probably more so than other other jasmine tea I have tried. I steeped this tea in a glass tea pot with 165 degree water for three minutes. One of the best things about pearl type teas is watching the leaves unfurl. The liquor was an extremely pale green in color.

The only word that I can find to describe this tea is lovely. It was perfectly balanced between the sweetness of the jasmine and the white tea. It was not perfumy as some jasmine teas can be and there was very little astringency.  There was a slightly creamy quality as well that I have never experienced with a silver needle before. I did two infusions but think that it could have withstood a few more. I would definitely recommend this tea.



Taken from http://teaformeplease.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment