Less than 30 minutes for a full delicious healthy meal!

I'd like to write and illustrate a few posts of what can be done in the kitchen when you have little time - don't we all!
This is all about using the ingredients I bought at the market on a Saturday morning; Saturday I moved on with the "food processing" and had different menus every day of the week.

Cucumber salad with yogurt vunaigrette and cilantro
Red mullets in tomato robe
Steamed Basmati rice
Creamy fresh cheese with home made strawberry preserve

I bought two medium sized red mullets (one per person), I asked the fish mungler to scale and empty them. Before using them I washed them under running water, outside and inside.
I diced 4 medium ripe locally produced tomatoes.
I sliced one fresh garlic clove.
I put olive oil in a rectangular pan, then the diced tomatos, the sliced garlic, I seasoned (sea salt and piment d'Espelette).
I placed the two mullets. I seasoned the fish.
I pour 1/2 glass of dry white wine and I cooked in the oven 20 minutes.
While the fish was in the oven I cooked 1 cup of basmati rice in the rice cooker.
I prepared a cucumber salad as an appetizer and we had creamy fresh cheese (replace with sour cream) with a home made preserve for dessert.
How long did it take me to fix a well balanced nutritious lunch?
TWENTY FIVE minutes ! So there are NO EXCUSES not to eat healty!

No comments:

Post a Comment