Naivetea Mint Oolong

Rose CalendulaMy name is Nicole and I am a mint addict. I also need a twelve step program for oolong. This tea feeds both of my vices. The dry leaves resembled a typical rolled oolong but oddly enough, I didn’t see any peppermint amongst them. I’d be interested to know how they achieved the flavoring. The leaves had a distinct peppermint patty like smell to them. I steeped this tea with my Breville One-Touch Tea Maker using 195 degree water for 3 minutes. The liquor was a pale yellow and had the same strong aroma.

This tea was overwhelmingly mint, so much so that it all but consumed the oolong. The cooling taste lingered after each sip. After three infusions the flavor was just as strong. While I enjoyed this tea I found myself wishing that the oolong was more apparent. That being said it is hard to achieve that in a  mint blend, even with a stronger background tea. It did have a creamy texture that can definitely be attributed to the oolong. I would probably recommend this tea.





Taken from http://teaformeplease.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment