Vienna Cinnamon - Tea Forte

I'm back...Thanks for your patience during my absence. We celebrated my son's 3rd birthday yesterday - lots of family and a wonderful day. He was absolutely ecstatic. He was thrilled with the Mr. Rogers/Neighborhood of Make Believe theme and we even managed to get a ride on the trolley that runs through downtown Lowell. (Which he pretended was Mr. Rogers' trolley.) Here's a photo of the cake I made.

I've been working on a little project over the past few days. I have been organizing a special tasting party for your benefit. I was able to assemble a collection (with the extreme generosity of many companies across the country) of tea-infused chocolates/truffles/bars. I put together a team of people who were kind enough to share their time and good taste to help me review these products. We did the first tastings this past week. I have a few other reviewers who will be submitting their findings over the next week or so. Expect to see a full report in the next two weeks. I will have a few more products that will arrive for review later in April so there will be an addendum at that time. (Have I mentioned how much I love this job!) I can tell you that there are some truly amazing tea-infused sweets out there. Wow.

Being in a sweets mode (between the chocolate tastings and birthday cake I've just about managed to satisfy my sweet tooth!) I decided to start my sampling of Tea Forte's "new" Dolce Vita collection. (Thank you to Tea Forte for supplying these teas to me.) Today I tried the Vienna Cinnamon. This is a black tea combined with cinnamon. I don't have any further information on the type of black unfortunately.

Tea Forte has hit another home run with this tea. The black tea is smooth, yet bold and the cinnamon has a perfect level of bite. It is strong, without overpowering the tea flavor or being abrasive. There is a lovely sweetness to it and an exceedingly pleasant aftertaste. And, as always, the beauty of the tea bag adds to the experience. A wonderful after dinner option.

Tea: Vienna Cinnamon
Source: Tea Forte
Type: Scented black tea
Brewing details: 1 tea pyramid brewed for 4 1/2 minutes
Comment: This tea is available in a ribbon box of Dolce Vita (4 infusers each of the 5 flavors), in a medium tin (1 each of 6 flavors), or in a loose tea cannister.

For more information on tea, please visit The Tea Pages website.
For Tea Pages merchandise, visit our site at Cafe Press.




Taken from http://teapages.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment