Another celebration! (1)

Carole, Martine, and myself celebrating birthday and friendship.
Last week I had Martine on the phone, and old friend from the time when we lived in Neuilly; she said her birthday was on Saturday and she wasn't quite into celebrating it at her home. So I invited them and friends we have in common, Carole and Loic, to a celebration at my home.
Her husband, who is a member of the Jurade de Saint Emilion , a wine brotherhood started in ... 1199, has a stunning cellar of Bordeaux wine and promised to bring the wine. I knew I had to excel with the food to match whatever we has going to bring. This was going to be a lavish celebration!
This is the menu that came to my mind and that I am going to share with you in these posts:
Apperitif (before the meal)
Champagne (by Patrick) with steamed Dim Sums (by Laura)
Menu
Verrine of champignons and herbs.
Slow Cooked Lamb Leg in Garlic Sauce
Stuffed Mini-bell Peppers
Boiled Peruvian Potatoes
Fresh Salad from the Garden
Cheese Platter from la Fromagerie d'Auteuil
Birthday gateau by Carole (who promised to bring dessert)
The previous day I set the table with a nice tablecloth (you know me!), matching chinaware, my Sevres Crystal stem glasses, and my Christofle silverware.
I am writing and uploading the recipes in my website for you all to enjoy, so come back !

No comments:

Post a Comment