Fun soiree in Santa Monica

What a fun evening we have just had! Friends came over for dinner and we laughed and laughed, enjoyed each other's conversation, and had an excellent evening.
First of all, I forced myself into cutting a few roses from the beautiful back garden. I know there are many flowers, and that roses need to be cut to become stronger, but somehow, it's always difficult for me to cut flowers in a home garden. The picture does not show, but I chose the roses that were about to end their cycle of beauty!I set the table using pale blue plates, and a heavy textured white tablecloth. Interestingly enough, the tumblers are preserve jars. I think it looked very pretty! After a glass of wine, dinner started with a large avocado and organic baby spinach leaves salad, where I had added black olives, cilantro, and almonds. I seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice. Bread was from La Brea, wine from Napa, and company a true regal. The sea food risotto was delicious, I was told, and the pear and chocolate clafouti presented in individual ramekins, a treat. I had added dry cranberries which enhanced the fruit flavor of my dessert.
What a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment