Inauguration Day: Congres Auteuil



If you read my last post, you'll understand we're happy that this week the Congres Auteuil (right under our flat) is open again with a new, stunning look - but a similar menu and same prices.
My husband and I went on inauguration day to "test" it. We sat in the first floor and had a beautiful view from the window (same view I have from my deck, since my deck is just above that part of the restaurant).
We started ordering two glasses of champagne (it was also our 30Th wedding anniversary), and were told Champagne was on the house since it was opening day.

We had an endive salad with nuts and Roquefort cheese - a classic here. Then I had lamb chops with thyme sauce and vegetables, and Jean-Louis had a "steak tartare" (that is seasoned raw minced beef). The one they used to serve here was very good he says, and fortunately, that has not changed!
We wrapped this good meal with a bottle of St Emilion wine - I LOVE St Emilion wine.
Sorry, dessert lovers, we did not have desert this time, but the Mousee au Chocolat is excellent at le Congres.
It was a good celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment