Vidimo se kasnije...

or should I say la Revedere*?

After six glorious days in Paris with my sister I have a couple of days at home before leaving again to meet friends from New Orleans.

You'll never guess where they've invited me to join them this year.


Over the years we've spent time together in some amazing cities: Barcelona, Avignon, Milan, Geneva, Dublin and Lucca, to name a few. And there are so many wonderful European cities left to discover, I was expecting the choice to be spectacular.

So what did they choose? Or should I say, what did one of them choose and the rest of us are following along like good little lemmings?

Zagreb and Bucharest.
And we're even going to go spend a night in Transylvania. Possibly in a castle. (I'm still waiting for husband to tuck some heads of garlic into my suitcase)

I must admit, neither of them would have been my first choice.
Why not Rome or Lisbon? Oslo or Copenhagen? Budapest or Munich? At first I was a bit disappointed, but now I'm really excited. I have absolutely no expectations, and that is a good thing, right? Also, I'm traveling with three of the best people to explore new places with.

So, off to Eastern Europe I go!



*See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment