Remembering ... plus two awards and an apology.

Remembering ... On November 2, All Souls' Day, we remember loved ones who have left us. Traditionally in France people bring flowers to the graves and chrysanthemums are found in all the flower shops. I have preferred this delicate flower from my deck ... In spite of many joys, we had a particularly difficult year, so allow me to remember here family members and friends who are no longer with us.
Family on my husband's side, in France: Andree, Maurice, Michel.
Dear friends: Francis in Thailand, Ponchita, Walter in Montevideo, Maria in Buenos Aires.
Farewell...



But I do not want to finish this post on a sad note. So I thank Nat, of
Girls are made of sugar and spice, for her Kreativ' Blogger Award. Visit her blog now, you will see the pictures of her two pink fairies!

What would you find worth reading about myself? Mmmm ... let's try to make it tasty!

1. My first and trademark dish when I was young was a braised roast beef in a creamy sauce.

2. The first time I went to the local market in Nairobi I was knocked off by the strong smell of cilantro, sitting in the sun for hours the smell of cilantro mixed with the smells of rotten fruit and vegetable was pungent. I couldn't stand it! Then I tamed my scent and now I love it!

3. I first tasted curry in Kenya, over at friends' whose family had come from Punjab; it blew my mouth! I also learned to tame my mouth!

4. The first time I tasted green tea, it was near Shanghai, at Long Jing, or Dragon's Well, a very famous Chinese brand. Felt like grass ... but now I have some 5 different green tea types in my pantry, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean!

5. My first snails (and last ever) were experienced at a restaurant in Rochester, NY! I have been offered many many times and have politely declined ...

6. I tried oysters for the first time in France - my French friends were expecting me to be disgusted, but they didn't know I used to eat raw mussels in Punta del Este when I was little!

7. While in Colombia, in a visit to Bucaramanga, I tasted the local specialty: grilled ants ... mmm, no comments!

After my "first-time confessions", I will nominate seven bloggers.
Among the many blogs I enjoy reading, I will try to name seven I have not given an award to in the past (I have made a careful list and I have already given awards to roughly 25 bloggers out of the fifty something blogs I visit regularly!).

1. Blogging in English from Canada: My Folie a Deux with Jen Laceda's remarks in fashion, travel, lifestyle, and more!

2. Blogging from Johor, Malaysia, My Little Space loves baking, cooking, and sometimes ... jungle tracking!

3. Tina in Florida tells us about Life in the slow lane at Squirrel Head Manor

4. Do I need to introduce Sam Hoffner and her delightful My Carolina Kitchen - a blog that celebrates its first year.

5. Michelle Hobart greets us with a G'day from Tasmania (Australia), tells us about her daily life in Alpaca, Chook, Garden, Travel and Michelle's Musing

6. SJ Gourmet delights us with her beautiful pictures of food because this Chef loves the documentation of food as much as the actual food preparation.

7. Fifi Flowers is all over my Parisian flat, her paintings fly over land and ocean from LAX to land on my walls!

So this is what you have to do:
1) Thank the person who has given you the award (that's me!).
2) Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3) Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4) Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

Last but not least, a very special thanks and an apology to Patti Friday who runs the beautiful Liberty Post for this joyful award that I acknowledge only today! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment