Easy Dessert for Thanksgiving!

I have been entertaining quite a bit lately - catching up with friends we had not seen for a while.
My creative cooking has been challenged by so many invitations!

This iced dessert I served three weeks ago was a real hit and I want to share it with you. It's ideal for Thanksgiving.
My starting point was a 8 inches "Gâteau sablé" I had purchased in a very good pastry shop in Samur. A Gâteau sablé is a pretty dry butter, sugar, and flower cookie. It can be done as individual cookies, or as this one, which looks more like a cake; you cannot serve it alone as dessert.
So I made an iced cake to put on top! I found a saucepan that had the same diameter, melted over medium heat brown sugar (1/2 cup) with a little bit of water to make a caramel color coating.
To make the ice cream you need:
1 1/2 cup of light cream
3 egg whites
1 cup of powder sugar
2 espresso shots (cooled)

Beat the light cream with 1/2 cup of sugar until it becomes a chantilly.
Add the espresso shots
Beat the egg whites with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
Mix both very carefully to keep as much air as possible in the mixture.
Freeze for at least 5 hours.
When you're ready to serve, heat the saucepan over high heat 5 seconds, then place upside down over the cookie shell.
Serve immediately.

Success guaranteed!
Another evening I made a classic creme brulee and used orange blossom water to flavor it. You have my recipe in the link.
I will show you "step by step" my version of a tiramisu!

No comments:

Post a Comment