My deck in spring

Such a bright day in Paris today!
All my windows (and I have ten!) are wide open, the sun is all over my flat.

Typically, Parisian stone buildings built under Baron Hausmann, the great urbanist, have a balcony in both the second and the fifth floor.


I live in the second floor, so I have a long balcony on one side of the building and from the bedrooms you can see red geraniums.
I cleaned them today. I do not like geraniums that much, but they're faithful, and always give me flowers - even when I forget to water them. True is that they are resistant.
The red bright flowers are a nice contrast with the black iron work of the balcony. I have one such pot in front of every balcony door.

Now, in the front side of the 1865 building where I live, where my living room and dining room are, the balcony was replaced by a deck when the restaurant underneath made an extension, at the turn of the century (19C that is). The name then was "La Coupole", I believe; and it is now Le Congres Auteuil - a fine restuarant which I recommend.
I am soooo lucky to enjoy a big enough deck . They are very rare in Paris.

I have plenty of plants, little bushes, and small trees on this deck.
I also have two chairs, and tables, some with plants, some to use when we have tea or a drink outside.
I enjoy having coffee here in the morning quiet.
I love flowers, and it is now the right season to enjoy them.
My favorite colors? Pink, blue,purple ... Dana and Brian gave me this beautiful azalea when they came for dinner a two weeks ago. It's fully blossomed and the shocking pink flowers are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment