Salus or "health"



On my way to Punta del Este, the pearl of the Atlantic, we made a detour to Minas, in the middle of the smooth hills of de Lavalleja area. I love the quietness of these hills or "sierras" and everytime I can I do this pleasant pilgrimage.

Salus Mineral water is bottled here, a water that comes from a local spring called the Puma Spring (la Fuente del Puma).

There is a cozy Inn, el Parador Salus, with a very good restuarant. I had a delicious sirloin strip with roasted potatoes and onions compote.
My guest lamb chops, and we both opted for the typical local flan (custard).

The whole meal was wrapped in agua mineral Salus!
A special note about olive oil. It's delicious and locally produced in Rio Negro. I have contacted the producer to get a bottle (or tin) before I head back to Paris.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment