Back in Paris: Lunch Chez Marcel


Chez Marcel is a small old fashioned bistrot in the 6th arrodnissement where a friend treated me last week. It has been run by the same owner, Bernard, for many long years and featuring the same friendly service. It serves traditional French cuisine. The old fashioned atmosphere is evident in the old flower print wall paper, the old framed prints which seem to have been there forever, and the kitchen ustensils on the walls. A bookshelf displays cooking book and novels - as well as a old radio! Chez Marcel is located at 7 rue Stanislas, Paris 6th. Reservations : 01-45-48-29-94 I started with fresh "asperges" served with a fresh sauce in a little round ramekin. I was in a carnivore mood and I ordered an "entrecote", (rib-eye), which came cooked to perfection and was served with sauteed potatoes. I also indulged in a rich dessert: a chocolate tart, not the best for the warm season, but I felt like having it!We didn't have wine but a large bottle of mineral water. Amateurs beware, this is one of the rare restaurants serving Chateldon!

No comments:

Post a Comment