A Colorful Basille Day - with the help of Fifi flowers

To celebrate Bastille day, I invited Fifi Flowers to share with us a special painting! I am a bit late, I know, but I have been busy packing and getting ready for my two weeks in Italy! So what was special for Bastille Day! Un pique nique pardi! (of course, a picnic)
I remember my first picnic with a French family when we lived in Irak. Up to then we had lived in Kenya where the lodges were a safer place to have a meal than the savannah and its wild inhabitants! We were on our way to Ukhaidir Fort and decided to stop in a fresh palm grove.
I took out my ice box with sandwiches, cold drinks, and cucumber sticks ... but to my surprise, the French friends took out of their car chairs, and a table, and a tablecloth, and plates, and glasses, and more ... and like by enchantment, a beautiful table was dressed in the shade of the date palm trees .. Jean-Louis promptly moved to their corner to enjoy le pique nique a la française! A variety of salads, bread, and wine was their delicious fare!
So this year, I went to the gardens of the la Bourdonnais avenue, in the 7th district, with a friend who lives tehre, and took a basket with salads, plates, glasses .. and a bottle of Champagne!
What is your summer picnic like?

No comments:

Post a Comment