Home food in Atlantida


Atlantida is a small resort 40miles East of Montevideo, on the Uruguay coastline. It has not changed much in the past years, keeping always a family atmosphere.

Estela, my aunt and host had prepared an excellent meal, featuring delicious local food bought at the farmers market: Stuffed aubergines, the classic roasted (a chunk of rumsteak) beef with herbs from her kitchen garden, and flan made with the freshest eggs.


Although Uruguay has some decent wine, it was not local for the meal as I have a wekaness for wine from Chile (Uruguayan wineries, excuse-me!) and had brought two bottles of Casillero del Diablo.

I have been having carmenère wine from Gato Negro, Santa Catalina, or Casillero del Diablo since I arrived. Although this grape type is originally from Bordeaux, it is no longer used.
Bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment