Thyme in Santa Monica while in Venice.

I have told you in the past my love for I have told you in the past my love for scones! Scones are usually made with flour, butter, milk, and salt. You can add raisins ... or cheddar, but traditionally, they are not sweet ... But in California, scones are a bit over sized and have cranberries, dates, raisins, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and lots of sugar. A different fare! But I keep on searching ...
The other morning I stopped at a nice cafe on Ocean Park Boulevard, in Santa Monica, called Thyme cafe and market
I loved the atmosphere of the place and ordered a machiato and .. a scone. The scone has the shape of a triangle and I guess they make a round pie shaped dough that they cut in slices and bake. The result is not very much my idea of a scone, but pretty good! The machiato was foamy and delicious.I explored this delightful place where you can find candies, chocolates, infusions, croissants, and more .. Items that you can give as a present or .. enjoy yourself!
I was tempted by the lemonade preparation, the fabric bags are beautiful! Unfortunately, there is sugar added, but the result is good.

Thyme cafe does outside catering as well and the shots in their website of some of the events they have catered for look great!
So, if you are in Santa Monica, stop by and .. bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment