Happy Easter (Easter Sunday)


The French Easter tradition brings chocolate, lots of chocolate to every home! And it comes in all shapes, although my all time favorite is the Easter Egg. You find chocolate Easter Bunnies, and the classic Chocolate Bells that, traditionally, bring the Easter eggs.
Easter Sunday is a happy time for young French children as they are told that the bells have come while they sleep and have hid eggs that they have to find. In the catholic tradition, the bells go silent on the Thursday before Easter, and ring again on Sunday to mark the resurrection of Christ.
When my girls were little, decorating egg shells with many colors was a typical activity during the season.
Every year, I buy a large Easter Egg for each one of them, and one that I share with my husband. This year, I am trying a new Chocolatier on rue d'Auteuil, Les Grillons. I bought one dark chocolate, one milk chocolate, and one marble type white/milk/dark chocolate. Eggs come with lots of small eggs inside.
Joyeuses Paques!

No comments:

Post a Comment