A Sunday lunch meal

I have been having the feeling that I run a restaurant at home as we had friends for dinner several times the past week! I did not take the Baccarat glasses or Christophle silver ware out of teh cabinets, but I paid careful attention to to details so that the whole setting was harmonious. This was my lunch menu on Sunday. We served a cremant de Loire rose, a fresh and sparkling rose wine from Anjou. The atmosphre was set! One of my guests spoiled me with a delightful bouquet of roses that brought a sublte fragance to my living room! (you see it to the left of the glasses)As usual it it very important to dress the table with care. I opted for a Chinese setting with a table cloth made with toile de Jouy a French fabric from Jouy-en-Josas, that has been being made since 1700. The pattern I chose is "chinoiseries", a free Chinese blue and white inspiration. The plates are heavy Chinese porcelain plates that I brought from our stay in China.

We started with a simple aubergine gratin, served in individual ramequins: I alternated grilled aubergines with thin slices of tomatoes, I added some coulis de tomate (a thick tomato juice made by blending fresh peeled and seedless tomatoes) and toppeled this combination with parmigiano cheese and basil before baking for 20 minutes in a medium hot oven.
The main course was duck breasts a la plancha, served with a simple gravy made of the juice reduction and port wine.My cheese platter was served with a simple lettuce salad. I served a cherry clafoutis for dessert.
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment