Amsterdam and its fabulous market

I spent the weekend in Amsterdam - but had forgotten the cable that allows me to transfer my pictures to my pc. So here they are!
I visited the more than fabulous albert cuyp market . Enjoy these shots!
I could not resist having a herring with pickles (I passed the chopped onion!) a very good treat fro Euros 2.50, and bought some pickles to bring home too (another 2 Euros).
When it comes to chicken, French chicken rules! So the best free range chicken you can buy in Amsterdam ... is Made in France (red Label or Label Rouge which guarantees quality standards in every phase of the conditioning).
However, in France my choice goes to the black feet or the Bresse chicken, not available here.
The choice of fish is incredible! Oh, how I enjoyed the view of all the varieties of fish and shellfish! I have spent hours in the Tokyo market and the Seoul market walking along the alleys, tasting, exploring .. I love anything that comes from the sea ... and I had a broad choice here.For desert, I bought strawberries, and bought so much that I left behind a couple of preserve flasks!
So, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment