Off to Lafitte & light lunch!



I was listenting to a podcast of Good Food (see my favorite links) as I was returning from shopping at the local market. I had bought French Green Beans that lookd sooo fresh (they had been picked the day before) among other green treats while I was listenting to a LA chef who was talking about how good green beans were this season! THey are good over here too and these are for you, simply steamed and with a branch of rosemary for extra flavor!
Yesterday we had them steamed! I served them just warm and tossed with some olive oil and chopped garlic and parsely. Try them. You can prepare in the same way Yellow Beans or any VERY FRESH beans.
The following day (today) I sauteed the rest. Heat olive oil in a pan, add a sliced onion, let brown (I added 1/4 yellow bell pepper I had in the fridge from another preparation) then add two/three VERY RIPE tomates (best without the skin) and let cook 5 minutes (medium heat), then add the green beans and let cook 2 more minutes. Simple and delicous.
We're off to Lafitte for our Recreation French Country Vacation. I'll come back from Lafitte with more recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment