Sunday snack


What happens when Uruguayan and French culture collide?

Well, look at this picture and be daring!
You get the sweetnes of dulce de leche in a crepe robe (the classic "panqueque con dulce de leche") and the finesse of French Champagne!
This is what friend Marie Francoise and I enjoyed for our Sunday snack yesterday on my deck.
Note that the best dulce de leche in Uruguay is the one produced at the Tambo El Sosiego under the brandname LA PATAIA This huge jar of this sweet delicacy was given to me by my friend Nora while in Uruguay (she actualy gave me two such jars). Heavy but rewarding!
The Champagne was a bit too fruity for our taste, but its smooth bubbles gave a fun contrast to the sweetness of dulce de leche. The crepes were home made.
Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment