Running a Bed & Breakfast!

I recently said to Jean-Louis I was having the feeling I was running a Bed & Breakfast in Paris! And here is how Chez Laura has been pretty fully booked throughout the season:

Easter 2009: Celine (and her four legged companion, Tao) came from Amsterdam to introduce Joren, her Dutch boyfriend, to us ... We saw Tao had adopted him .. and I must say that so have we!
End of April: high school friend Nora, an architect from Uruguay, visited Paris for the first time. Out of my home, her Paris base, she toured, walked, visited, and explored during 12 days - Oh, I was so busy in April, I hope I was a good enough host!The day after I returned from a short California break, Abuela arrived from Uruguay and stayed with us for three weeks. We all celebrated her birthday at home, it was indeed a happy day (thank you Joren for taking this picture)!

End of June, friends Becky and Chip came from San Francisco for a short visit. How silly, we did not take any pictures together! Thank you Chip for sending me this one Blogger Aurea and Benjy arrived in July, and friend Lucy came from Chicago for a short visit too.
NO PHOTO!!
Later on, Dominique, a dear friend who lives in Perth, Australia, flew to Paris for a short visit on her way to Brussels, where her mother lives.

I enjoy having family and friends over. Affection and love give sense to things in life.

I am off now to California now, see you there !!

No comments:

Post a Comment