Martine's Birthday (3)

Then we moved on to the meal. My appetizer was a verrine , perfectly light after the dim sum and before the lamb.
I put one layer of cream cheese with chopped baby cucumber and chives, one layer of mushroom and bell pepper thick spread, one layer of cream cheese with red bell pepper, fennel seeds, and dry tomato. I sprinkled sicilian sumak on top to add more contrast of flavors and put a fennel seeds branch in each verrine. I served the verrine on a colorful fine china saucer with a mother of pearl spoon.My main course was a slow cooked lamb. I bought a lamb leg and cooked it in a iron cast pan in the oven with plenty of garlic for 4 hours.
I had also prepared stuffed mini bell peppers which I put around the lamb, to add color. I cooked them separately in the oven.
The lamb and stuffed bell peppers are presented in a Christofle oval silver plate.
The other garnish was a dish of potatoes en robe-de-champ (or country robe, aka skin) brought to me by friends who cultivated them in Brittany. I presented the potatoes in a celadon plate with a Japanese lacker style serving spoon. We had a wonderful Bordeaux wine: a Pauillac from Medoc, Chateau Chantecler-Milon 1990, an excellent choice served here in a crystal de Sevres stem glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment