A meal at restaurant LE CLEZIO in St Aubin de Luigne

My last visit to the Loire Valley, amidst the revigorating sweetness of the Anjou region, took me to Restaurant Le Clezio in Saint Aubin de Luignes.We had visited the Domaine deux Vallees winery where we tasted some wonderful Anjou wines. One of my favorites is the Savennieres, made with 100% chenin grape, which I stronly recommend.
After the visit, we asked the owner, Mr Socheleau, for a restuarnt recommendation to pursue the enjoyment of our day, and he himself booked a table for us at the restaurant!
>> For bookings: Restuarant Le Clezio, 9, Place de l'Eglise, (49190) Saint-aubin-de-luigné, Tél: 02 41 78 33 15

I opted for the house menu at less that 20 Euros, and chose a "presse de poisson" as appetizer. The flavor of fish was refresshing.
Then came the cod on a bed of spring vegetables, light and perfectly cooked.
I treated myself to a Tarte Tatin which love and have never prepared at home. It was perfect!

To finish the meal, I had a coffee which to my delight was brought in a French press with a bouchée of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment