Re-Discovering Mexico in California

We met friends from Paris in Santa Monica. I wasn't sure about the type of restaurant we wanted to try and offered them a taste of Mexican cuisine. Great success! Since then I have decided to try several Mexican restaurants in the area and share with you my experience.

Let me welcome you to Don Antonio and it beautiful back patio! It's located at 11756 Pico Blvd in Santa Monica.
it is an euphemism to say that the portions anywhere here are super size. So we always stick to : "platos chicos" (small dishes ) or appetizers ... Our guest ordered "quesadillas", one of my favorites. It came with a lot of guacamole, and some unseasoned iceberg salad. So I tried "enchiladas", which I wrongly though was a stuffed chili. It is actually a corn tortilla, stuffed with a filling, and covered with a chili sauce ... for someone who does not enjoy very hot food, it was the wrong dish. It came with a HUGE portion of rice and beans, which were actually mashed. I had the beans and it was plenty!We also ordered a beef taco, a beer and a diet coke and paid less than 28 dollars without tip. Don Antonio has a valet parking.
Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment