Lunch at Jin Patisserie with fellow blogger Melinda

While in Santa Monica, I had lunch with fellow blogger and dear friend Spangler Cummings who, among her many talents and activities, owned an Art Gallery. She treated me to a chic place, Jin Patisserie, on Abbot Kinney, in Venice. Here the set lunch includes a slice of quiche, a very well seasoned mixed vegetable salad (no iceberg salad!!!), some chips, and the day's dessert. I opted for the ham and cheese quiche, which was delicious. The crust was perfectly cooked and the top, evenly and perfectly brown. If you feel like having only fresh water, you'll be surprised by its perfume and taste! Jin patisserie adds fresh strawberries to their water, and it's delicious (and ZERO calorie). You need zero calorie for what comes next:Today's dessert was a delicate slice of cheese cake on a bed of chocolate mousse with poach pears ... lovely!The tables in the garden are set around a quiet fountain with plants all around, very delicate and restful. From Jin Patisserie we went to Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, an incredibly rich art gallery complex and cultural center. Having Spangler as a guide made my visit ten times more interesting! She's so knowledgeable about art .. sometimes, standing in front of a painting where I had nothing to say, she came up with the right words that helped me open wide my eyes!
Among all the beautiful and stunning paintings and sculptures we saw, I loved Helen Frankenthaler's Woodcuts, and Kozue Hasegawa's only painting in the 2009 MFA Graduates exhibition.I was also moved by this painting which reminded me of my sister and I.If you want to see more of the Bergamot station art, visit Spangler's blog and check all the items on the right, such as the delicate sculpture by John Rose, "Chinese String" .
Thank you Spangler for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment