Emily and Amos in Paris

Last week Emily and Amos came for dinner. They had toured Burgandy before coming to Paris and were delighted with their trip! Chablis, Vezeley, Dijon ... so much to see ... and taste!
Emily is the daughter of dear friends with whom we spent many happy summers in Cape Cod and later in Bar Harbor. I was extremely happy to see her again and to meet her husband.
We started the evening with a glass of rose Champagne! Then came the Mediterrannean clafoutis, a savory clafouty made with fresh tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
The main course was a lamb shoulder, cooked with shallots and served with traditional steamed "cous-cous" (wheat). Then I served a large bowl of salad, seasoned with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and a traditional cheese platter with one sheep cheese (from Pyrennees), a blue cheese (I opted for Roquefort, made also with shee milk), a classic Emmental, and a goat cheese (Crotin).
Finally, I presented a peach tart. I cook the peaches on a pie shell where I spread a mix of ground almonds, creme fraiche, one egg, and 1 Tbsp of softened butter. It is delicious!
We served a red Bordeaux 2005, and had a great Cognac with the dessert.
I hope they enjoy reading this post back in New Hampshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment