Xin Nian Kuai Le!!!

Xin Nian Kuai Le or Happy New Year!!!
As every year, I have organized a Chinese banquit at home for some of the friends whom we met in China or who have lived in Asia ...
I went to Chinatown to buy the necessary ingredients, including one little rabbit for each guest, since this is the Year of the Rabbit.

I felt SO nostalgic of our years in China ... the dragons were dancing in the streets to the sound of the traditional drums and plates ...

Then came the fireworks .. and it was just like in Beijing back in 1987, when we celebrated another Year of the Rabbit the first year we were there ... There was so much joy, noise, color!
Back home I set the table with all the bits and pieces I have from Asia ... and put inside each glass a golden rabbit, hoping they will rbing good luck throughout the year to our guests!

The table looked lovely, I think! And as you may see, there are so many Chinese antiques on my dinning room!

Menu

Cold cuts with 1000 years old eggs as presented in Beijing
Sauteed jiao si
Spicy Shrimps
Braised Chinese cabbage and other vegetables
Sweet and Sour pork
Beef with onions (brought to the table in a hot plate)
Sauteed chicken
Duck with vegetables
Beijing soup
Fried nooddles
All served with a choice of Alsace Riesling wine, QingTao beer, Mao Tai, and tea

No comments:

Post a Comment