Photo du Jour - Les Nems


Ah, les nems!

We actually went out to lunch. In a city.
In other words, I got my you-know-what out of bed early enough to feed and walk the dogs, have coffee, take a shower and get dressed and all pretty, and drive 35 minutes to Narbonne.
All of this before noon!

You see, I had to get to les Halles to get some cheese for la Fête du Fromage as I've pretty much exhausted all of my cheese sources here in the Minervois. Husband was easily enticed along by the promise of lunch in a little Chinese (i.e. Vietnamese) resto that we enjoy.

It was fabulous to Get Out of the House and Get Out of the Village.

And the cheese I found in les Halles - amazing!
Lunch was pretty darn good too. No rosé and no baguette, just nems and fried wontons, Tsingtao beer, super spicy sautéed chicken and steamed rice and Vietnamese chicken salad.

All in all, a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment