Fresh green pepper sauce

I could not resist buying these strands of green fresh pepper at the Asian market the other day! I do not go often to Chinatown so I thought I might take advantage of the visit and bring back something unsual. What could I do with it? I had a sea bass in my fridge. I decided to do a sauce for my fish.
Ingredients:
3 Tbsp of Fresh green pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
one can of good tomatoes (no additives, only tomatoes)
1 glass of white dry wine
2 chopped shallots
sea salt to taste
3 Tpsp of creme fraiche (or mascarpone if you do not have creme fraiche)
Smash the green pepper grains. If you're sensitive to hot food, do not smash too much ...
Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the green pepper and fry one minute.
Add the canned tomatoes. I use Cirio whole tomatoes.
Bring to a boil.
Add the wine. Stir.
Add the two chopped shallots. Add the sea salt to taste. Let simmer 30 minutes over low heat. I froze half of it and used one half. Add 3 Tbsp of creme fraiche before serving and boil again so that it is very hot. Served aside with your steamed fish.
If you do not have fresh green pepper, you can use canned green pepper. Add the water in the can to your sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment