Peonies as big as a sun!

Have you ever seen peonies this beautiful?
This is the story behind them: When we leave Paris for more than two days, we always send an e-inivtation to close non-Parisian friends who may enjoy visitng Paris solo while we are away.
Our dear friends James and Martica lived many years in Paris and moved to the Loire Valley a few years ago where we visit them very often. Here we are having a drink at Montseareau.

It happens that Martica's sister is visiting from Bogota. I thought it would be a welcoming change from the quietness of their place to the thrills of Paris and I proposed our home to them first.
To thank us they gave me this bouquet of the most beautiful peonies I have ever ever seen in my life. One week after they gave them to me, I am still enjoying them every day. Every friend who has come to our home has asked where we got them! If you're curious too, Martica bought them at Fleurs d'Auteuil, right opposite my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment