St-Denis sur Loire

An early morning walk along the Loire river ... my idea of heaven!
Last August we spent a weekend in Sologne over at good friends'. To stretch the feeling of being on a holiday we took Friday off and stayed at Saint Denis sur Loire, 4 miles east of Blois. From here you can visit Blois, Chateau Chambord, Cour Cheverny, and more, and then come back to the quietness of a small town.
This delightful town was the home of Bernard Lorjou a well known French painter (1908-1986).
One walk took me to this peaceful small chateau of which I have not been able to find the name!

On my walk I passed by old houses, old stone walls, and solid gates. Another took me along fields of flowers in the countryside. Here, they plant flowers on the parcels of land the leave at rest (to lie fallow). It is called something like flowerd fallows (jachere fleurie) ... isn't that beautiful?
This is my 281th post.

No comments:

Post a Comment