A simple supper: salmon quiche

Mindy's recent Quiche Lorraine recipe inspired me to prepare a "sea" quiche of my own.
Quiches are great meals, being a full meal you can have one with a simple salad and you're done. They are quick to make (if you use a ready made dough) and you can let your imagination fly!
Make a dough for a pie (or buy one ready made one). I amde a pate brise.
I bought shrimps, spring onions, smoked salmon, and a portion of raw salmon.
You also need 3 whole eggs, 2 yolks, a glass of creme fraiche, and a glass of milk. Be careful when you season, smoked salmon has plenty of salt! I sauteed the shrimps with the sliced spring onions in olive oil and spread them on the pie shell.
Then I put slices of smoked salmon and dices of raw salmon. Beat the eggs, yolks, cream, and milk in a bowl, season carefully, and pour over the "sea" ingredients.
Bake at 375 F 20 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a salad.
We had a white Macon Villages with this delicious quiche and a red lettuce salad.
Bon appetit!


APRIL 18: Chicks update!Sorry to tell you that one of the chicks died. Jean-Louis was kind enough to remove it from the nest - so I didn't have to do it myslef. The other one is growing, growing, as you see in this picture taken a few minutes ago. Mother pigeon is away long hours in search of food, I guess - like this morning at 7 o'clock it was already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment