Birds on my deck

You know how much I cherish my deck! I have breakfast here every early morning - weather permitting that is. Paris is so quiet early in the morning and the light is beautiful.
We are changing the wooden tiles.
This was the right opportunity to move around plant pots and buy some new plants too. It's looking beautiful. So many birds have nested among the plants! The little seagull on the edge comes from Uruguay (1987) and it was given to me by my dear friend Nora. The two clay doves were purchased last year in a decoration shop in Saumur with this deck in mind.
This colorful soft wood parrot comes from Paraguay (2007); it has adapted pretty well to the boring stone of my building! Look at this needy little soapstone bird from Kenya (1982) that hides in a forest of deligthfully scented white flowers. This sparrow (2007) comes from the Sarthe (France), and it's done with old oil tin containers recycled by a local artist. It was given to me by my painter friend Marie .
The white and pink fat hen bought in a decoration shop in Paris adds a funny note!
A little colorful toucan bird on the edge comes all the way from Mexico (1996). And the yellow bird hiding under the cyclamen comes from Colombia (1976). The cyclamen are self-seeding and are becoming denser and denser.Finally, this sober small iron bird comes from.... France. It may be looking for its companion that I still have to place somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment