Breakfast in Paris: enjoying the Indian summer



Yesterday morning I enjoyed, as I have been doing everyday, my favorite breakfast. It was so quiet, the day was breaking, and I was sitting on the deck, surrounded by a mix of summer and autumn flowers. It felt great.
On my tray, my Printemps procelain white with a blue rind cup and saucer, gift of a dear friend, my Italian percolator with my coffee ready to be poured, a glass of grapefruit juice, and a bowl of a delicious mix of my home made Charentais melon jam, plain low fat yogurt, and 1/2 cup of organic muesli. I am using a fair trade Brazilian coffee right now, and I love it. I have ALWAYS loved Brazilian coffee I must say. I store it in this container I bought in Venice (Marci has the same) The Italian percolator makes pretty strong coffee, but it's so delicious!
Every morning I also have a large glass of 50% juice, orange or grapefruit, and 50% water. I'm watching the calories I take, doctor's injunction, and I have fresh fruit during the day, so I am careful. I use a Japanese blue and white bowl I bought in Japan back in 1992. It contains a healthy mix. Plain yogurt: culture and milk, that's it (why would you need anything else?). Of all places, I have found in Amsterdam my favorite muesli mix, to which I add some sunflower and pumpkin organic seeds and dry cranberries. I take about 1/2 cup. Finally I add 3 or 4 teaspoons of one of my home made jams. Right now I am using a delicious Charentais melon jam; I will share with you my recipe in my next post.
I look forward this moment every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment