The French, style, entertaining, and my friend Elizabeth

I have already featured in this blog a dinner over at my friend's Elizabeth. She has so much style that I cannot help sharing again with you a dinner at her place. Of course everytime the guests wonder why I am taking pictures, and I say I have a food blog, but I sense I am miles away from their reality! I do not mind because I know you're going to enjoy my post!
Elizabeth is (fully) responsible for me becoming a fan of Jacquard-Francais table cloths. Unfortunately their website is not great; the table ware is much, much better than it shows in the pictures in the website.
I love Elizabeth's red one and the sumptuous matching napkins. Red breathes luxury on a table!
She had decorated the table with rose petals - instead of the traditional vase in the center of the table. This allowed room for what was coming as the main course, a delicious "paella". The little silver teapots that you see have a candle inside, very cute indeed!
Before the meal Elizabeth served Champagne or Kir Royal with "verrines" . You can learn about Kir by clicking on the word, it will take you to my website and the explanation.
Hers were made with a layer of guacamole, a layer of cream cheese, and a layer of home made tomato sauce. They were presented in a Japanese rectangular blue and white dish.
Then we moved to the dinning room. Her silver ware is beautiful and comes from her family, as do the Limoges porcelain dishes. Look how beautiful silver is on red! And the menu? We had a delicious Cavaillon melon and Parma ham as an appetizer, and then a rich paella, which Elizabeth learned to master during the 14 years she lived in Spain.
She served it with a wine from La Rioja.
We had strawberries and raspberries for dessert. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment