A stop at Yamazaki pastry shop.

A pleasant Parisian stroll on a Sunday afternoon ... I went all the way to Chaussee de la Muette (metro Muette, line 9) in the 16th district, where I live, and once there, to one of my "must go" spots, the pastry shop Yamazaki which features a blend of French and Japanese pastry.
My very favorite order in summer is one of their "Granites", snow like mounds served in an icecream bowl, with a light syrup of your choice - I often order "green tea" which you can have with ou without anko (I always order mine with anko).
The impossible game is to eat it trying not to stain the table! Quite a challenge, believe me - and a difficult training in good manners!

UPDATE JULY 21: Thank you RoyalTLady for your comment. I had forgotten that Yamazaki also offers Condensed milk as an option (actually I never tasted granite with condensed milk but may try it next time).

The house speciality is "choux" or cream puffs, which are worth the stop.
It's a great place to go to if you are on a visit to the peaceful Musee Marmottan , at 2 rue Louis-Boilly, on the Jardins du Ranelagh. You can come here for lunch or for the afternoon tee; they serve light lunches and delicious pastries.

No comments:

Post a Comment