A stop in Lille (North of France) at 'Nautre Monde

I was in Lille for a couple of days, a city in the North of France, next to the Belgian border. One evening, I was strolling and looking for the right place to have dinner. Restaurants in France show the menu outside, so it is easy to see what type of menu a restaurant offers.
I was attracted by N'autre Monde a restaurant featuring a clever mix of world cuisine. I wasn't very hungry, and it was so incredibly hot, that I settled for a course of fish, Moroccan style. When I had placed my order, the glass of wine was brought to my table. A fresh, dry, white wine from the Mediterranean coast, near the Spanish border. Soon after, a "mise en bouche" was served: it was a verrine with a fresh mix of tomatoes and mozzarella cut in small dices, a a seasoning with basil and olive oil.
The main course was artfully presented! The four small red mullet fillets were served on a bed of red bell peppers cooked in olive oil with cumin and onions. The garnish was a deep plate with a mixed of steamed vegetables; a slice of each :turnip, fennel, sweet potato, and zucchini, and a small carrot, a broccoli bouquet and some soy germs.
It was a light tasty meal and I had a delightful time at the restaurant. I paid 26 Euros.
PS: I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I did not have my camera with me and too these pictures with my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment