Artichokes: how to prepare them.





I cleaned the artichokes, removed a few bottom leaves, cut the end of the leaves with scissors, boiled them in a pressure cooker (17 minutes).

I like them warm but you can eat them cold as well. I put them on a plate (first picture on the left).
A plain artichoke on a dish is beautiful. You need not add anything (like a silly parsley leave!). One way of having them, is with a simple vinaigrette: 3 parts of olive oil,one part of wine vinegar, salt, pepper. You remove the leaves one by one, dampen them in the sauce,and eat them.
Once you remove the leaves, you get to the "heart"of the artichoke. It has a sort of velvet. You have to remove it as it is not edible. The heart is tender and tasty. You can eat it with a vinaigrette as well.
I prepare them with White Truffle Olive Oil, and you can see the recipe in my website (list of recipes, home page bottom right). It's simply delicious!
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment