My spring extravaganza!

The Keukenhof in the Netherlands, 35 km south of Amsterdam, is the largest floral park in the world. Hundreds of different types of tulips, lilies, hyacinths, and all sorts of bulbs are planted in a 32 hectare park. Keukehof means "kitchen garden" because this is the place where herbs were picked - and game hunted -for Jacoba van Beieren, Countess of Holland, in the 15C.Last fall, in one of my visits to Amsterdam, I went to the lovely flower market and bought many many different bulbs for my deck: white and pink tulips, pale yellow, narcissi, and more ... but also small flowers to give color and life to the deck while the bulbs slowly grow.The sky is very blue today in Paris, it feels like spring, and I'd like to share the beginning of my little Keukenhof with you.
I have to be patient, as you see in this picture, not all my bulbs have given flowers yet.
But to help me get that extra dose of patience, I always bring back from Amasterdam a large bouquet of the freshest tulips, to enjoy them while I wait for all the flowers to blossom in my deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment