Martine's Birthday (4)

What an incredible treat! A Château Haut Bergey 1989! That's how we savored our salad and cheese platter.
The salad was a simple "sucrine" with a vinaigrette made with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, plus sea salt and fresh ground pepper. We tossed it 15 times, as it should be done!
Knowing that I was going to have to pair food with very good Bordeaux wines, I had been to my favorite cheese shop la Fromagerie d'Auteuil and had told Monsieur Fouchereau:
- What cheese would you recommend for a very good bottle of Bordeaux?
He advised mild, fruity, cow milk cheeses. We settled for: a Livarot , from Normandy, a young Comte (fruity) from the Jura, a St Nectaire from Auvergne, and a Camembert from Normandy. All made with unpasteurized milk - of course. I invite all cheese lovers to visit the websites of these marvellous French cheeses.

I presented them in a platter I bought in Indonesia: a large green banana leave made of light wood. One knife is for the soft cheeses, the other one for the hard ones (like the comte). Quite daring for the traditional French!

No comments:

Post a Comment